Do higher quality books sell for more or is it all an “even” playing field?
That is completely market-driven and has nothing to do with where the book is printed or who published it. There is a lot that comes into play, including but not limited to…
- what books usually go for in a specific niche
- the quality of the information in the book
- the marketing channels behind the book that drive business towards it
- the relative qualities your book and your brand convey (budget, high end, etc.)
- seasonality (some seasons sell more and/or for higher prices than others)
The only real way to find out how much you can sell your book for is to begin with market research and then to test different price points, which can be done with a single book or across a spectrum of different books and then comparing the results.